Hmm, there have been so many that I have a hard time narrowing it down to one. Some of my favorites as a player include:
- When Aeduin threw himself into a pillar of fire to save someone (thus becoming the Smoke-Eye, changing from bard to Cleric of Occipitus)
- When Thelisn became a bodak PC and adventured for a time in that form
- When the Gogun, my dwarven cleric, learned how to cast a fireball spell in White Plume Mountain, pissing off the party wizard. Of course that led to him becoming one of those believing himself to be Keraptis…
- Playing Raistlin and facing off against Khisanth in Xak Tsaroth
- When my barbarian, Strom, one shot killed the enemy wizard with a critical hit during their first encounter, completely derailing the DM’s plan for the next 4 sessions.
- Finally, when Delban used a whisper spell to taunt Lord Soth in Ravenloft in trying to raise him from his stupor long enough to save Sithicus.
As a DM, I’ve had a few, but I’ve covered most of those in earlier posts and I’ve blathered enough across these 30 posts, don’t you think?
Husband, father, gamer, developer, manager, writer, creative, blogger, model railroader, Buckeyes fan